Friday 12 February 2016

City of / ville de Chiang Mai

After a night spent in the night train Bangkok - Chiang Mai (which was great adventure), I arrived to Chiang Mai. Sometimes described as the 6th biggest city of the country (which I doubt), sometimes as the 2nd biggest ( would make more sense), Chiang Mai is anyway depicted as the capitale of North Thailand.

With over 1 million people, the city is very lively.
Green, lovely, it attracts a lot of tourists from all over the world every year. The city is so great and there are so many things to do that I decided to cancel my train ticket back to Bangkok to enjoy the stay a bit more.

Finally, I spent one whole week there, which gave me time to walk around (by the way, I gave up with the temples... there are sooo many and each one more beautiful than the others (even though at the end they look pretty similar), that I finish not paying attention to them anymore), relax and even attend a cooking class! The time there is over but I will for sure come back there one day :)

*** FRENCH / FRANCAIS ***

Après une nuit passée dans le train de nuit Bangkok - Chiang Mai (ce qui en soi est déjà une aventure), j'ai finalement atteint Chiang Mai. Parfois décrite comme 6e plus grande ville du pays (ce dont je doute), parfois comme 2e plus grande (j'y crois plus), Chiang Mai est de toute façon dépeinte comme la capitale du Nord de la Thailande.

Avec plus d'un million d'habitants, la ville est partuculièrement animée et vivante. À la fois verte et sympathique, elle attire chaque année des touristes venus des 4 coins du monde. La ville est tellement géniale et il y a tant de choses à faire, que je décidai d'annuler mon billet retour vers Bangkok pour en profiter un peu plus.

Au final, je suis restée une semaine complète sur place. Cela me laissa le temps de me balader (à propos: il y a TELLEMENT de temples et tous plus beaux les uns que les autres (quoique finalement assez semblables), que j'ai renoncé à m'extasier devant chacun d'entre eux), flâner, me reposer et même prendre un cours de cuisine !
Le séjour est certes terminé, mais il est évident que je reviendrai à Chiang Mai un de ces jours :)

3 comments:

  1. Hi there Isabelle! I didn't get to see you on your last day visiting SIRVA, but I wanted to wish you an amazing trip! Chiang Mai looks like such a beautiful place, and I really wanted to go there one day to see the lantern festival, and other parts of Thailand too. Maybe one day! Keep staying safe on your travels!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries Nadine,I am sure we will catch up once I am back in Ffm. Thank you very much for your comment and I am sure you will go one day. Take care too :)

      Delete
    2. No worries Nadine,I am sure we will catch up once I am back in Ffm. Thank you very much for your comment and I am sure you will go one day. Take care too :)

      Delete