Friday 26 February 2016

Koh Samui

I will keep it short for this island, since it was not planned to go there. This is a long story which I am not going to detail, but I wanted to go to Koh Phayam and I was given wrong instructions so I took the wrong boat. I could have continued on the day after in the right direction, but since I have to leave the country on the 28.02, each day matters.
I would not recommend Koh Samui at all. It is not crazy beautiful and there are too many tourists. On my first day there, I had even a bit of blues... I was looking for the street food, the local shops, the monks and temples. But there was just a street with (foreign) bars and restaurants, shops full if useless things and travel agencies.

That said, I did not have a horrific time either. I went to the big Buddha, which is 12m high if I am not mistaken (picture 1). There is a great view from there (picture 3). And when the owner of the hotel discovered I had birthday, she took me out whith her Chinese friends (picture 5) to watch the sunset (pictures 6 to 8).

On the day after, I went to Fishermann's village. It is also very touristic but actually pretty nice. I could not take pictures since I forgot my phone in the room but the walk was worth, even if we get caught by a crazy heavy rain.. and I was in flip flop. It is funny to see that everyone reacts the same when it rains, whether we are Thai or not (after all, we are all humans :)).

During those days, I also had the pleasure to meet Giulia, an Italian lady which I hope to see again (picture 9)
Now I am back in Bangkok, after a night in the train where I met a funny Turkish lady. I am flying in 2 days to Hanoi too start the Vietnamese adventure.

*** French / Francais **

Je ne vais pas m'attarder sur cette île car je suis arrivée là par erreur. C'est une longue histoire sur laquelle je ne vais pas m'attarder, mais je voulais aller à Koh Phayam et on m'a donné des mauvaises instructions. J'ai donc pris le mauvais bateau. J'aurais pu rattraper le coup le lendemain mais comme je dois quitter le pays le 28.02, chaque jour compte désormais.

Je ne recommande pas l'île de Koh Samui. Ce n'est pas supet beau et il y a trop de touristes. Léger coup de blues le premier jour. Je cherchai les buis buis, les magasins locaux, les moines et les temples. Mais il y avait juste une rue avec des bars et restaurants (étrangers pour la plupart), des magasins de babioles et des agences de voyage.

Ceci dit, je n'ai pas passé un moment affreux non plus. Je suis allée voir le grand Bouddha, qui fait 12m de haut si je ne me trompe pas (photo 1). De là, on a une vue sympa sur le littoral (photo 3). Et quand la patronne de l'hôtel a appris que c'était min anniversaire, elle m'a emmené rejoindre ses amis chinois (photo 5) et on a pu admiré le coucher du soleil (photos 6 à 8).

Le jour suivant, je suis allée au village des pécheurs. C'est aussi très touristique mais ca reste sympathique. Il n'y a pas de photos car j'avais oublié le portable dans la chambre, mais la marche pour s'y rendre valait le coup. Même si je me suis faite avoir par une pluie diluvienne. Et bien sûr j'étais en tongues... Mais c'est marrant de voir que l'on réagit tous de la même façon quand il pleut, que l'on soit Thai ou pas (on est tous humains après tout :))

Enfin, le séjour m'a aussi permis de faire la connaissance de Giulia, une Italienne vraiment sympa que j'espère recroiser sur la route (photo 9). Et maintenant, me voilà de retour à Bangkok après une nuit dans le train, où j'ai rencontré une Turque rigolote. Dans 2 jours, départ pour Hanoi, d'oú commencera l'aventure Vietnamienne.

No comments:

Post a Comment